Senses and Perception 1
4 days, 28 contact hours
Our senses begin as potential and develop in response to stimulation and experience. The senses of touch and movement are located throughout the body — in every cell. The senses of vision, hearing, taste and smell are located in the head. It is through our senses that we receive information from our internal environment (ourselves) and the external environment (others and the world). How we filter, modify, distort, accept, reject, and use that information is part of the act of perceiving. Perception is a global experience. It is the psychophysical process of interpreting information based on past experience, present circumstances and future expectations. When we choose to absorb information, we bond to that aspect of our environment. When we block out information, we defend against that aspect. Learning is the process by which we vary our responses to information based on the context of each situation. This course will include:
- Exploration of the six senses (movement, touch, taste, smell, hearing and vision) and their significance from a developmental perspective.
- Analysis of the perceptual-response cycle as the process of perception.
- Bonding, defending and learning as psychophysical processes based on your perceptions.
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To enroll you need to send us by mail:
1) the registration form correctly filled in.
2) the payment proof.
Enrollment will not be valid if one of these requests is not met.
- If you register two months prior the beginning of the course, you receive a 50 € reduction on the course fee. The last useful date to get the discount for this course is May 4th, 2019.
Balance is due two weeks before the beginning of the course, therefore for this course, before June 20th, 2019. If not, your registration will be cancelled.
Deposit: 50 €
Discounted balance: 490 €
Balance without discount: 540€
It is also possible to pay the deposit using PayPal
This post is also available in: Italian